Back to top

It's fitting that the Woodward Theater has re-established itself as Over-the-Rhine's movie house, considering that its roots are in movies. 

The Woodward opened in 1913 as a silent-film theater, complete with an orchestra pit, where an ensemble would provide musical accompaniment to the flickering black-and-white images.

When the Woodward was renovated in 2013—a century later—bringing film back to the theater was one of the main objectives!

The Woodward features state-of-the-art projection, sound and screen equipment, making it the venue of choice for various film independent events, including premieres and film festivals.